Weight this week: +.4 lbs
Total weight loss: 18 lbs
Since this is the end of Month 2 of my challenge, I also took measurements. I’ve lost a total of 8 inches since the beginning of the challenge. I also took pics (which I won’t be posting here) and made a side-by-side comparison.
I wasn’t sure what to expect this week. Last week everything was off because of the snow storm. I had a MONSTROUS cheat day last weekend (because I was bloody starving), and I didn’t do any of the 4-Hour-Body hacks to minimize the damage. After eating so little last week (because nothing was available), I went back to regular full meals this week. So I suppose .4lb weight gain is about the best I could hope for.
I was really frustrated last weekend. That eased up when I got food in the fridge and was able to get everything back on schedule. Overall, I felt good and positive this week.
I just wish the weight would come off faster.
- I want people to see me and say, “You look great! How much weight have you lost?”, but no one has noticed anything. I can’t say as I blame them, because looking at those pics, I don’t see anything different either.
- I want to have to buy new clothes, but I’m still wearing the same clothes I was wearing in January of last year. I have one pair of jeans in a smaller size, but they’re pretty tight.
I need to take a deep breath and focus on the good:
- I’m fitter and stronger — lots stronger.
- What I’m losing is FAT, not muscle — and I have reliable (hydrostatic) body fat test results to prove that.
- I *like* my program. Sure, I’d like some more flexibility during the week, but it’s satisfying, doesn’t rely on deprivation, and it’s sustainable over the long term.
Long term, long term, long term. I need to convince myself to be patient. This is about the long term, not about today.
But it sure would be nice to be satisfied with the progress I see today.